March 27, 2017,
- Overview of Enerkem waste-to-ethanol project in Minnesota by Bob Shaw.
- Calgary Transit considers renewable diesel by Annalise Klingbeil.
- Overview of the Hinton, AB, lignin facility of West Fraser by John Hopkings-Hill.
- Biochar start-up company in Alberta by Lesley Allan.
- Forge Hydrocarbons planning renewable diesel plant in Sombra, ON, by Paul Morden.
- Resolute planning for bio-carbon capture project in Quebec by Guillaume Roy.
- Overview of wood pellet operations of Resolute Forest Products in Thunder Bay by Maria Church.
- BC company wins prize for improved biogas production by Maria Church.
- Cement company in Ontario using algae for carbon capture by Maria Church.
- Overview of Comet Biorefining by Jim Lane.
For earlier Best Canadian Bioenergy Stories click here.
Check out the Bioeconomy Conference Calendar.
Sixth Element Sustainable Management is a “boutique” consulting firm specializing in concept planning, start-ups, and early-stage companies that do not have the senior management depth or experience. We provide C-level services for inventors, entrepreneurs, investors, and public sector agencies, which are directly provided by the Managing Director of Sixth Element Sustainable Management, Gerald Kutney. Sixth Element Sustainable Management maintains a comprehensive global database of over 1,000 biomass pyrolysis-type ventures. The Pyrolysis Venture Database is important for investors and entrepreneurs alike. The information is a valuable resource for vetting the investment choices and assessing the competitive position of pyrolysis ventures.
Dr. Kutney, Ph.D. in chemistry, has participated in all aspects of innovation and technology commercialization in the forest products industry, with two decades of executive experience with global corporations and entrepreneurial enterprises. Besides business mentoring and executive coaching, services include strategic leadership, contract negotiations, pro forma design and appraisal, techno-commercial evaluations, feasibility studies, technology and venture vetting and audits.