February 20, 2017,
- Early-stage venture capital in Canada by BioFuelNet.
- Plans for biofuel plant in Newfoundland heating up by John Greene.
- Bioindustrial Innovation Canada video on guidelines for future funding applications.
- More on Bioindustrial Innovation Canada – video.
- Biomass a solution to replace coal in Alberta.
- OPG looking at opportunities into biocoal and black pellets by Gordon Murray.
- Wawa, ON, looking at biomass district heating by Ian Ross.
- Major biochar project planned for Quebec by Louis Potvin.
- Forest-based bioeconomy strategy coming to Canada by Glenn Mason.
- Ensyn describes its success by David Boulard.
- Latest bioenergy results from Conifex.
- Forest industry in Alberta gets grants for bioenergy and wood pellet projects by Konrad Junikiewicz.
- Will Plasco rise from the ashes in Ottawa?
- Canadian researchers report on pyrolysis oil from sawmill residuals.
- Enerkem a success in Canada; soon coming to Europe by Lamber van Nistelrooij.
- Pyrolysis biofuel plant was step closer in Newfoundland by Chris Ensing.
- Is hydro shutting out biofuels in BC? by Jon Hernandez.
Check out the Bioeconomy Conference Calendar.
Sixth Element Sustainable Management is a “boutique” consulting firm specializing in concept planning, start-ups, and early-stage companies that do not have the senior management depth or experience. We provide C-level services for inventors, entrepreneurs, investors, and public sector agencies, which are directly provided by the Managing Director of Sixth Element Sustainable Management, Gerald Kutney. Sixth Element Sustainable Management maintains a comprehensive global database of over 1,000 biomass pyrolysis-type ventures. The Pyrolysis Venture Database is important for investors and entrepreneurs alike. The information is a valuable resource for vetting the investment choices and assessing the competitive position of pyrolysis ventures.
Dr. Kutney, Ph.D. in chemistry, has participated in all aspects of innovation and technology commercialization in the forest products industry, with two decades of executive experience with global corporations and entrepreneurial enterprises. Besides business mentoring and executive coaching, services include strategic leadership, contract negotiations, pro forma design and appraisal, techno-commercial evaluations, feasibility studies, technology and venture vetting and audits.