May 9, 2016,
- Corporate donations by Ontario ethanol producers to the ON Liberal Party by Mike Crawley.
- Converting CO2 from fuel combustion into a new fuel by Henry Fountain.
- EU will scrap green transport target post-2020 by Frédéric Simon.
- Bioamber ramping up production at Sarnia, ON, by Erin Voegele.
- Exports of wood pellets from North America set new record by Wood Resources International.
- The Bioenergy Feedstock Library from the US DOE.
- Overview of the Bioenergy Technologies Office of the US DOE by Jim Lane.
- Velocys issues 2015 results.
- Should Canadian taxpayers subsidize the ethanol industry by Mike Crawley.
- Biomass energy is not burning trees by Seth Walker.
- Aemetis taking over Edeniq by Kelly Shaver.
- CHAR Technologies opens on TSX Venture Exchange.
- US Navy carrier group is sailing on beef fat by Kyle Mizokami.
- Bioenergy business of Conifex continues to perform well.
Sixth Element Sustainable Management is a “boutique” consulting firm specializing in commercializing innovation, and evaluating the business preparedness and commercial potential of technology developers and their projects, especially in the emerging biofuels sector. We provide executive management services for inventors, entrepreneurs, investors, and public sector agencies in new technology, start-ups and early-stage ventures. Services are directly provided by the Managing Director of Sixth Element Sustainable Management, Gerald Kutney, Ph.D. in chemistry.
Sixth Element Sustainable Management maintains a comprehensive global database of over 1,000 biomass pyrolysis ventures. The Pyrolysis Venture Database is important for investors and entrepreneurs alike. The information is a valuable resource for vetting the investment choices and assessing the competitive position of pyrolysis ventures. Ventures often claim to have the best technology, but have no evidence to back it up. The Pyrolysis Venture Database is a guide to where a venture stands relative to its peers and to the best-in-class technology providers.
Dr. Kutney has participated in all aspects of innovation and technology commercialization, from the research laboratory to patents to marketing to the executive suite. With two decades of executive experience in technology commercialization with global corporations and entrepreneurial enterprises, he brings the innovation of research and technology development, the financial discipline of big business, and the spirit of entrepreneurship to start-ups and early-stage companies.