May 16, 2016,
- What is the worst waste by Jim Lane.
- US looks to go big on biofuels by Anmar Frangoul.
- Bellona suggests hydrothermal gasification of seaweed.
- Financing renewable energy projects in Alberta by Adrienne Baker.
- What the heck is biochar? by Mick Telkamp.
- Alberta Innovations to consolidate by Taylor Fredericks.
- Biomass feedstock sustainability by Stan Kinsman.
- Coming to terms with biomass sustainability by Charles Niebling.
- Top 10 capital raises in the bioeconomy in 2016 by Jim Lane.
- Air Canada to lead jet biofuel initiative at Montreal-Trudeau Airport.
- Full steam ahead for Rentech on wood pellets to DRAX and OPG.
- Developing the Global Bioeconomy: a new book by IEA BIoenergy.
- Bioenergy and biofuels helps Canadian forestry industry despite market challenges by Nelson Bennett.
- EIA – International Energy Outlook.
- Overview of the US Navy biofuel program by Jim Lane.
- Industry lashes out against EU biofuels policy or lack thereof by Frédéric Simon.
- Biodiesel plant is the first to be certified sustainable by Diane Cardwell.
- Commercializing biochar in Alberta by AITF.
Sixth Element Sustainable Management is a “boutique” consulting firm specializing in commercializing innovation, and evaluating the business preparedness and commercial potential of technology developers and their projects, especially in the emerging biofuels sector. We provide executive management services for inventors, entrepreneurs, investors, and public sector agencies in new technology, start-ups and early-stage ventures. Services are directly provided by the Managing Director of Sixth Element Sustainable Management, Gerald Kutney, Ph.D. in chemistry.
Sixth Element Sustainable Management maintains a comprehensive global database of over 1,000 biomass pyrolysis ventures. The Pyrolysis Venture Database is important for investors and entrepreneurs alike. The information is a valuable resource for vetting the investment choices and assessing the competitive position of pyrolysis ventures. Ventures often claim to have the best technology, but have no evidence to back it up. The Pyrolysis Venture Database is a guide to where a venture stands relative to its peers and to the best-in-class technology providers.
Dr. Kutney has participated in all aspects of innovation and technology commercialization, from the research laboratory to patents to marketing to the executive suite. With two decades of executive experience in technology commercialization with global corporations and entrepreneurial enterprises, he brings the innovation of research and technology development, the financial discipline of big business, and the spirit of entrepreneurship to start-ups and early-stage companies.